Import Accounting Assistant
Have an interest in the lumber and wood products industry? Do you consider yourself the go to expert for inventory management?
Our team is currently looking for the next great Senior Inventory Accountant to help our Administrative and Import Teams. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume today.
Job Title: Import Accounting Assistant
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for an Import Accounting Assistant to join our team. If interested please submit your resume to HR@rifp.com.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com and our parent’s website is www.fctg.com .
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate along with a complete benefit package including vacation, personal leave, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, 401k, opportunity to purchase company stock etc... In addition, this position will be eligible for annual bonuses as long as the company is financially successful and the employee performs their job to the highest standard. This position is located in our office in Glen Allen, VA. No applicants will be considered to work from home or away from the office. This position is a 40 hour position working from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday-Friday) with a 1 hour non paid lunch each day.
Duties and Responsibilities as Import Accounting Assistant:
Responsibilities will be defined and assigned by the Controller and will include the following:
• Valuable team member of the import accounting department and assist other employees in areas needed.
• Build strong relationships with lumber traders, management, customers and suppliers.
• Assist Lumber Traders and Import Dept Head, and other admin staff in answering all questions around inventory such as amount on hand, location of inventory, inbound material arriving and outbound releases to customers.
• Assist in getting material cleared through customs with customs broker, compliance department, freight companies, and US government agencies as needed.
• Assist in updating and providing spreadsheets that assist management in analyzing the import departments inventory position at all times along with cost.
• Be contact point for all invoices received from suppliers and check them against inbound orders, to get them ready for payment by accounts payable department based on agreed upon terms with supplier.
• Currently setup all new reload warehouses to ensure all documents are fully completed prior to being used by the Company.
• Work with administrative traffic department to ensure that all new trucking companies are setup in a timely manner with all appropriate FCTG required documents fully completed and sent to corporate for approval before use of trucking companies.
• Work with and assist traffic department in managing all claims outstanding with mills and freight companies in order to ensure they are settled in a timely manner.
• Provide company leaders with Subject Matter Expert (SME) support
• Participate with Controller on any audits that are conducted by FCTG, CBP, or any other governmental agency.
• Cross train with other import department administrative personnel in order to backup one other individual to cover for them if they need to take time off for vacation, leave, etc…
• Assist in any other special projects that Controller, President, or Trade Compliance Manager.
• Minimum of 2 years of college education required, must have at least an associate’s degree, 4 year degree in accounting or business school is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of general experience in accounting, analyst, supply chain, procurement, or related field is preferred
• Ability to identify, acquire, and analyze pertinent data to drive recommendations and decisions
• Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills
• Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
• Positive demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player who can lead and interact well with other administrative staff in office environment
• Microsoft Office suite skills to include Excel data management skills, Word, and Powerpoint. Also AS/400 experience is a plus.
• Prioritization and good organizational skills. Detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
• Ability to communicate with department heads, controller, president and other members of team effectively.
• Good written & verbal communication skills.
• $52,000 - $57,000 depending on experience and education
• At RIFP, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
• RIFP values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
• Travel – minimal