Import Trader Assistant
Have an interest in the lumber and wood products industry? Do you consider yourself the go to expert for supply chain information?
Our team is currently looking for the next great Import Trader Assistant and Analyst to help our Import Department. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume today.
Job Title: Import Trader Assistant and Analyst
Reports To: President and Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for a Import Trader Assistant and Analyst to join our team. If interested please submit your resume to HR@rifp.com.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com and our parent’s website is www.fctg.com.
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate along with a complete benefit package including vacation, personal leave, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, 401k, opportunity to purchase company stock etc... In addition, this position will be eligible for annual and monthly bonuses as long as the company is financially successful and the employee performs their job to the highest standard. This position is located in our office in Glen Allen, VA. No applicants will be considered to work from home or away from the office. This position is a 40 hour position working from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday-Friday) with a 1 hour non paid lunch each day.
Duties and Responsibilities as Import Trader Assistant and Analyst:
Responsibilities will be defined and assigned by the OPCO Controller and will include the following:
· Fully responsible for the structural plywood department at RIFP. Position will be asked to join the import administrative department team in handling all aspects of the department such as inbound of inventory, outbound releases to customers, inventory analysis at all times, reload/warehouse relationships, freight forwarders, and all other third party companies involved in obtaining material and selling material.
· In addition candidate will build strong relationships with lumber traders, management, customers and suppliers.
· Work directly with Lumber Traders and especially Import Department Head on answering all questions around structural import department such as inventory on hand, location of inventory, inbound material arriving and outbound releases to customers.
· Assist in getting material cleared through customs with customs broker, freight companies, and US government agencies as needed.
· Assist in developing and providing spreadsheets that assist management in analyzing the structural import departments inventory position at all times along with cost.
· Be contact point for all invoices received from suppliers and check them against inbound orders and get them ready for payment by accounts payable department based on agreed upon terms with supplier.
· Currently setup all new import mills with assistance from Trade Compliance Manager to ensure all documents are fully completed and sent to corporate for approval before any purchase orders are sent to new mill.
· Work with administrative traffic department to ensure that all new trucking companies are setup in a timely manner with all appropriate FCTG required documents fully completed and sent to corporate for approval before use of trucking companies.
· Work with administrative traffic department in managing all claims outstanding with mills and freight companies in order to ensure they are settled in a timely manner. Key contact for RIFP.
· Assist in ensuring the policies, processes and procedures outlined in FCTG’s Import Manual are being performed and followed.
· Assist the Trade Compliance Manager to ensure OPCO policies, processes and procedures are updated and currently being performed
· Provide company leaders with Subject Matter Expert (SME) support
· Work with Trade Compliance OPCO Manager to identify, support, and lead opportunities for improvement in Trade Compliance
· Participate with Controller on any audits that are conducted by FCTG, CBP, or any other governmental agency.
· Cross train with other import department administrative personnel in order to backup one other individual to cover for them if they need to take time off for vacation, leave, etc…
· Assist in any other special projects that Controller, President, or Trade Compliance Manager.
· Minimum of 2 years of college education required, must have at least an associate’s degree, 4 year degree is preferred.
· Minimum of 2-4 years of general experience in business, accounting, analyst, supply chain, procurement, or related field
· Experience in Import Compliance, is a plus but not required for this position
· Ability to identify, acquire, and analyze pertinent data to drive recommendations and decisions
· Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills
· Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
· Positive demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
· Must be a team player who can lead and interact well with groups
· MS Office suite skills to include Excel data management skills, Word, PowerPoint and Visio. Also AS/400 experience is a plus
· Prioritization and good organizational skills. Detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
· Ability to communicate with department heads, controller, president and other members of team effectively.
· Good written & verbal communication skills.
· $47,000 - $60,000 depending on experience and education
· At RIFP, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
· RIFP values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
· Travel – very minimal