Senior inventory accountant
Have an interest in the lumber and wood products industry? Do you consider yourself the go to expert for inventory management?
Our team is currently looking for the next great Senior Inventory Accountant to help our Administrative Team. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume today.
Job Title: Senior Inventory Accountant
Reports To: President and Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for Senior Inventory Accountant to join our team. If interested please submit your resume to HR@rifp.com.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com and our parent’s website is www.fctg.com .
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate along with a complete benefit package including vacation, personal leave, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, 401k, opportunity to purchase company stock etc... In addition, this position will be eligible for annual and monthly bonuses as long as the company is financially successful and the employee performs their job to the highest standard. This position is located in our office in Glen Allen, VA. No applicants will be considered to work from home or away from the office. This position is a 40 hour position working from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday-Friday) with a 1 hour non paid lunch each day.
Duties and Responsibilities as Senior Inventory Accountant:
Responsibilities will be defined and assigned by the Controller and will include the following:
• Fully responsible for the monthly reconciliation of all reloads/warehouses that we have inventory located at. Reconciliations are to be prepared in a timely manner and provided to Controller upon completion. Document all reconciliations showing reconciling items between the two parties and researching and solving any discrepancies.
• Work closely with domestic inventory senior on a daily basis to assist in any issues or matters that need immediate attention.
• Receive all reloads/warehouses storage bills and review and process them in a timely manner so that accounts payable can pay when due.
• Prepare and process all debit/credit memos that need to be issued to reloads surrounding lost, damaged, broken, etc… inventory while in their possession.
• Work closely with third party broker to ensure all duties to be paid to government are done timely and correctly.
• Ensure that all inventory costs such as cost of materials, reload bills, duties, freight, drayage, storage, etc… are capitalized as cost of material timely before being sold to customer to ensure financial statements represent true margin on a file.
• Complete all month-end and annual reporting requirements that are done at the local level and corporate level to provide final reports to ensure financial statements are correct.
• Position will be asked to assist the import administrative department team as needed around areas such as inbound receipt of inventory, outbound releases to customers, inventory analysis at all times, reload/warehouse relationships, freight forwarders, and all other third party companies involved in obtaining and selling material.
• In addition candidate will build strong relationships with lumber traders, management, customers and suppliers.
• Assist in getting material cleared through customs with customs broker, freight companies, and US government agencies as needed.
• Work with administrative traffic department in ensuring all claims outstanding with mills, freight companies, and reloads get resolved in a timely manner.
• Assist in ensuring the policies, processes and procedures outlined in FCTG’s Inventory Manual are being performed and followed.
• Participate with Controller on any audits that are conducted by FCTG, CBP, or any other governmental agency.
• Cross train with other import department administrative personnel in order to backup one other individual to cover for them if they need to take time off for vacation, leave, etc…
• Assist in any other special projects that Controller, President, or Traders ask.
• Minimum of 4 years of college with bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in inventory accounting, analyst, supply chain, or related field
• Ability to identify, acquire, and analyze pertinent data to drive recommendations and decisions
• Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills
• Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
• Be able to accept reasonable deadlines and be able to meet them
• Positive demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player who can lead and interact well with groups
• MS Office suite skills to include Excel data management skills, Word, PowerPoint and Visio. Also AS/400 experience is a plus
• Prioritization and good organizational skills. Detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
• Ability to communicate with department heads, controller, president and other members of team effectively.
• Good written & verbal communication skills.
• $57,000 - $74,000 depending on experience and education
• At RIFP, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
• RIFP values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
• Travel – none