Job Title: Transportation Coordinator (Truck)
Reports To: President and Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for a Transportation Coordinator to join our team. If interested please submit your resume to HR@rifp.com.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com and our parent’s website is www.fctg.com .
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. We offer a highly competitive hourly rate along with a complete benefit package including vacation, personal leave, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, 401k, opportunity to purchase company stock etc... In addition, this position will be eligible for annual and monthly bonuses as long as the company is financially successful and the employee performs their job to the highest standard. This position is located in our office in Glen Allen, VA. No applicants will be considered to work from home or away from the office. This position is a 40 hour position working from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Monday-Friday) with a 1 hour non paid lunch each day.
Duties and Responsibilities as Transportation Coordinator:
Responsibilities will be defined and assigned by the Controller and will include the following:
· Calling loads ready for pickup
· Managing new truck requests.
· Checking to make sure pick-up information and delivery information is correct.
· Determining if the load is ready to be added to the load list/TMX.
· Prepare and send out load list to truckers several times a time or update TMX system as needed.
· Manage new orders called ready (Ready to ship (Mill/Customer) & Credit Approval)
· High level review of each load sold and scanning for errors made by the buying and/or selling trader.
· Booking each load at the lowest price the current market will bear.
· Answering phones, emails and TMX inquiries from carriers/brokers requesting loads then negotiating the rate with said carrier/broker
· Establishing new carrier/broker setups for RIFP
· For each load covered with carrier/broker, making sure they are approved for use by Forest City Trading Group as a qualified carrier/broker
· Sending load tender to any given carrier/broker.
· Follow-up with carrier/broker to assure work is completed on time without incident.
· Monitor ready screens for credit holds on loads, and when ready, then request the release from hold from the credit department.
· Handling critical issues as needed in the most cost efficient and amicable means as possible.
· On demand response to trader requests from the floor on rate quotes in order for them to give an estimate to a customer for the cost on any given load. This often happens while they are on the phone with the customer.
· Respond to requests from Traders on pickup information, PODs, and claims.
· Calculate the cost from lane to lane based on truck availability which is impacted by weather and seasonal commodity availability.
· As needed, travel to meet with carriers/brokers to maintain working relationships and to create contracts.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of logistics experience is required. Additional education such as college and trade schools are a plus. Additional business/accounting experience is excellent for candidate to have. Prior work experience as a broker or trucking dispatcher is a plus
· Ability to identify, acquire, and analyze pertinent data to drive recommendations and decisions
· Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills
· Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
· Positive demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
· Must be a team player who can lead and interact well with groups
· MS Office suite skills to include Excel data management skills, Word, PowerPoint and Visio. Also AS/400 experience is a plus
· Prioritization and good organizational skills. Detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
· Ability to communicate with department heads, controller, president and other members of team effectively.
· Good written & verbal communication skills.
· $52,000 - $62,000 depending on experience and education, plus potential monthly bonus and annual bonus
· At RIFP, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
· RIFP values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.